The William A. Richardson National Capitol Region Chapter in conjunction with the 1st Cavalry Division Association will sponsor a Hospitality Suite and small gift shop from 9-12 November and Veterans Day Dinner held on Thursday, 11 November 2021. The event will be held at the Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel located at 1480 Crystal Drive in Arlington, Virginia. Reserve your rooms at the rate of $142 per night plus tax with free parking prior to 6 October 2021. Call 1-800-2CROWNE (1-800-227-6963) and tell them you are with the 1st Cavalry Division. On-line group code has yet to be determined.
Wreaths will be placed at the World War II, Korean War, and Vietnam Memorials as they are each year on Veterans Day, 11 November. The ceremony conducted at the World War II Memorial begins at 0900, the ceremony at the Vietnam Memorial begins at 1300 hours, and the Korean War Memorial ceremony is at 1600. This year marks the 30th Anniversary of the end of Desert Storm/Desert Shield.
To tour the U.S. Capitol, White House, and the Pentagon you must coordinate your visit in advance.
12th Annual Veterans Day Dinner
The William A. Richardson National Capitol Regional Chapter in conjunction with the 1st Cavalry Division Association will host the 12th Annual First Team Veterans Day Dinner at 1900 hours on Thursday evening, 11 November 2021 at the Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel, 1480 Crystal Drive, Arlington, Virginia.
- A host bar will be open at 1830 and dinner will begin at 1900 hours.
- For dinner reservations please send $65 per ticket to the 1st Cavalry Division Association, 302 N. Main St., Copperas Cove, TX 76522-1703.
- Full payment must be received no later than 29 October 2021
- We can accept all credit cards – ensure that your card number and expiration dates are written correctly and legibly.
- Provide your name, address, unit you served with and the name(s) of your guests with your payment.
Tickets will be available for pickup in the 1st Cavalry Division Association Hospitality Suite or at the door to the banquet room.