The Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association
Active Duty Scholarships Application
For more information or an application to register for benefits use our on-line Registration Form below, fill it out completely, and attach all of the required supporting documentation to the Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association.
Alternatively, you may send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) to the Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association, 302 N. Main St., Copperas Cove, TX 76522-1703.
The application forms for Association members who are active duty Troopers currently serving with the First Team and their Families is open. You can get the information about this program at Active Duty Overview. Printed forms are available at the National Headquarters in Copperas Cove and at the Crossed Sabers Chapter Souvenir Shop in the 1st Cavalry Division Museum at Fort Hood, Texas.
Active Duty Scholarship Administrative Requirements
The Trustees of the Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association will determine annually, prior to 1 July, the gross dollars available for support of scholarships during each academic year for active duty personnel serving with the Division and their spouses and children in that order of priority. For the purposes of definition, an academic year begins with the fall semester, trimester, or quarter and ends with the end of the following summer session(s).
The Secretary of the Foundation will allocate available funds to fully qualified applicants in accordance with the order of merit listing provided by the Association. Formal notification of approval of scholarship grants will be by letter from the Foundation.
Adherence to the following administrative considerations will assure a smooth scholarship award process:
- The applicant or sponsor must be a member of the 1st Cavalry Division Association.
- Active duty applicants and the active duty sponsor of a spouse or child selected for a scholarship grant must be scheduled to remain assigned to the Division during the term of the award.
- Proof of 1st Cavalry Division Association membership, proof of relationship of a spouse or child of an active duty sponsor is required.
- A High School transcript or latest record of college credits is required.
- The applicant must provide a signed certificate (1CDA Form 10) from the academic institution showing that the applicant has been accepted for enrollment and listing courses to be taken and the cost of tuition, fees and books for these courses. This information will assist the Foundation Secretary in determination of the amount to be granted to any applicant. The amount granted will be the lesser of the costs certified by the academic institution or $1200 per academic year. This approach will maximize the number of scholarships which may be awarded within the limits of available funding.
- The Foundation will forward checks for the full term of the scholarship to academic institutions prior to the beginning of the academic year. Unused funds will be returned to the Foundation by the academic institutions.
- Scholarship recipients are encouraged to provide a small ID type photo to the Association for use in publicizing the program in subsequent years.
Certificate of Academic Institutional Authority Form (Form 10)
(To be filled out by academic institution personnel)
- Email or deliver Active Duty Form 10 to the attending academic institution
- Have the academic institution complete and return the required information
- Attach the completed form as part of your form submission below in the Additional Required Document Attachment section of the online form.