The Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association
Active Duty Scholarships
The Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association was established for the purpose of providing financial assistance in the form of scholarship grants toward the pursuit of an advanced education. The Foundation’s Active Duty Scholarship grants are reserved for Soldiers currently assigned or attached to the 1st Cavalry Division and their spouses.
The Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association is a tax-exempt charitable organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and all donations are tax-deductible. The Foundation’s tax identification number is 23-7016417.
For more information or an application to register for benefits use our on-line Registration Form below, fill it out completely, and attach all of the required supporting documentation to the Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association.
Alternatively, you may send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) to the Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association, 302 N. Main St., Copperas Cove, TX 76522-1703.
The application forms for Association members who are active duty Troopers currently serving with the First Team and their spouses is open until 1 August 2018. You can get the information about this program at Active Duty Overview. Printed forms are available at the National Headquarters in Copperas, at the Crossed Sabers Chapter Souvenir Shop in the 1st Cavalry Division Museum at Fort Hood, Texas, or can be downloaded (.pdf) from this page.
Active Duty Scholarship Program SOP
- Application packets contain an Application (1CDA FORM 9) and Certification of Institutional Authority (1CDA FORM 10).
- Application packets can be obtained on-line, from the Association Headquarters at 302 N. Main Street, Copperas Cove, TX 76522, or the Crossed Sabers Souvenir Shop in the 1st Cavalry Division Museum on Fort Hood.
- Deadline for submission of applications is 1 August of the current academic year.
- Notification of selection will be by letter from the Foundation no earlier than 1 August of the prescribed year.
- Checks will be mailed directly to the Academic Institution from the Foundation.
- Grants may be used for tuition, fees and books only.
Active Duty Scholarship Forms 9 and 10
- Email or deliver Active Duty Form 10 to the attending academic institution
- AND attach the completed form as part of your form submission below in the Additional Required Document Attachment section of the online form.